Monday, December 1, 2008

Midweek Animism

23 December, 2008

I was in Banjul going to the medical school and there was a big commotion nearby and a bunch of people waiting in line to go somewhere. There was a group of military guys standing around the people, so I asked one of the head honchos what was going on. He asked me if I was sick because the big man was giving some healings. I said no, not really thinking. I had something to do, but now that I look back on it was the worst decision that I have made in the Gambia. I should have taken that chance to go see His Excellency Alhaji Dr. Yahya A.J.J. Jammeh and be healed. It would have been quite an experience and any chance I get to meet the head of any state of any nation in the future, I will never turn down. I really don’t know what I was thinking. I blame it on my Spanish independent study. That’s why I was there.

For the record, Jammeh is a respected healer. His father was also a respected healer. Do some research on Google about him if you are interested.

Cheers,

Nathan

No comments: